Friday, January 16, 2009

My valve.

So my doctor is going to be using a porcine (pig) valve made by St. Jude medical. It's called "The Epic" hahaha....that amuses me for some reason.

here is the valve : http://www.sjm.com/devices/device.aspx?name=SJM+Epic+Valve&type=20&location=in

I think you might have to copy and paste the link.

I asked him what happened to the rest of the pig...he seemed taken aback...apparently no one had asked that question before. I am still trying to find the answer.

3 comments:

alerion said...

The rest of the pig was freakin' delicious!

Good luck with the valve!

SteveC said...

Like the dog says in the TV ad, "It's BACON!"

I hope everything goes well for you in the morning!

Steve
Adventures of a Funky Heart! blog:
http://tricuspid.wordpress.com

Megan said...

I will be praying for you, my son is 8 weeks old and had TGA so he had an arterial switch procedure...so I know those coronaries can be tricky.

I will have you in my thoughts tomorrow morning.

Megan