Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Official Surgery Date!

So I am now officially scheduled for my Pulmonary valve replacement and possible Aortic valve repair at Emory Hospital on January 20th.

I was hoping I could get squeezed in earlier and get it over with, but really I am just glad to have a date.

Unfortunately the 20th is the Tuesday after MLK day (when Emory is closed) so I have to go down to Atlanta Friday for pre-op then come back to Chattanooga then go back to Atlanta Tuesday for surgery (or maybe we will just stay in Atlanta-logistics are still being worked on). It was either Jan 20th or December 23rd and I don't want to be in the ICU for Christmas- not because I care about Christmas that much (we aren't really even celebrating this year), but I don't want the 3rd string people who are pissed off to be working on Christmas taking care of me.

Here we go!

1 comment:

Jim Kelly-Evans said...

Good news on the surgery date! I agree with you about not being in the ICU over XMAS. Take care of your self and enjoy the holidays in the meantime.

Jim